Next Gen Systems Engineering Solutions
In 2018, Dassault Systèmes completed the acquisition of No Magic (the leader in model-based systems engineering, and modeling solutions for software architecture and business processes) to strengthen its foothold in Systems Engineering and in order to facilitate new connected experiences. The acquisition of No Magic also reinforces Dassault Systèmes’ industry solution experiences based on the 3DEXPERIENCE platform.
Dassault Systèmes’ is now able to generalize systems engineering to develop the “Internet of Experiences” – the smart and autonomous experiences which are digitally connecting products, nature and life in the physical world. The No Magic solutions are integrated on the 3DEXPERIENCE platform to develop a best-in-class Model-based System Engineering and System of Systems Engineering Solution and Offering called CATIA Magic.
The CATIA Magic solutions are the most robust and standards-compliant solutions in the market.
We offer a brought set of roles to tackle your business challenges.
Magic Systems of Systems Architect
With the deep experience on DoDAF 2.0, MODAF, NAF 3 and UAF, the ‘Magic System of Systems Architect’ product offers the most robust standards compliant DoDAF 2.0, MODAF, NAF 3, NAF 4, and UAF 1.0 via a UAF standardized solution.
The ‘Magic System of Systems Architect’ fully supports all the architectural framework products ensuring you achieve project results. ‘Magic System of Systems Architect’ also leads the industry in its integration in systems of systems engineering, ensuring that you achieve net-centric success. Meet your interoperability challenges with proven, tested CATIA No Magic solutions.
Magic Cyber-Systems Engineer
The ‘Magic Cyber-Systems Engineer’ product is an industry leading cross-platform collaborative Model-Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) environment. It provides smart, robust, and intuitive tools to define, track, and visualize all aspects of systems in the most standard-compliant SysML models and diagrams. The environment enables systems engineers to:
- Run engineering analysis for design decisions evaluation and requirements verification.
- Continuously check model consistency.
- Track design progress with metrics.
System models can be managed in remote repositories, stored as standard XMI files, or published to documents, images, and web views to address different stakeholder concerns.
- Understand the problem.
- Develop standard-based System Architecture to Improve communication and buy-in.
- Make decisions on system configurations compliant with the operational needs.
- Deliver consistent and complete specification of the system including its interfaces.
- Automatically verify system requirements.
Magic Software Architect
The Magic Software Architect product is an industry leading, cross-platform, collaborative software architecture engineering product, which provides smart, robust, and intuitive tools to define, track, and visualize all aspects of software and related system architecture using the most standard-compliant UML models and diagrams. This dynamic and versatile development tool facilitates analysis and design of Object Oriented (OO) systems and databases. It provides the industry’s best code engineering mechanism (with full round-trip support for Java, C++ and CORBA IDL programming languages), as well as database schema modeling, DDL generation and reverse engineering facilities.
- Industry standards-compliance and support.
- Independence from specific development methodology.
- Usability, intuitiveness and quick start.
- Collaboration and team development.
Magic Collaboration Studio
The Magic Collaboration Studio product is for collaborative development and version model storage for large volume of data. It is architected to provide state-of-the-art model-governance (merging, branching, access control with secured connection), model analysis and integration with third-party tools. Magic Collaboration Studio works along with Magic Systems of Systems Architect, Magic Cyber-Systems Engineer and Magic Software Architect.
- Ensure seamless large scale system of systems/system/software architecture definition with distributed teams.
- Provide digital collaboration on the architectures among stakeholders by enabling parallel modeling.
- Supports users work on-line and off-line.
- Track and review modifications on published architectures on the web.
Magic Model Analyst
The Magic Model Analyst product provides the first in the industry extendable model execution framework based on OMG fUML and W3C SCXML standards. Magic Model Analyst can be used along with Magic Systems of Systems Architect, Magic Cyber-Systems Engineer and Magic Software Architect. It is used to validate system behavior by executing, animating, and debugging models in the context of representative mock-ups of the intended user interface.
The purpose of a simulation is to gain system understanding without manipulating the real system, either because it is not yet defined or available, or because it cannot be accessed directly due to cost, time, resources or risk constraints. Simulation is typically performed on a model of the system. With the Magic Model Analyst product, users can test how the system reacts to user interaction or predefined testing data and execution scenarios.
- Virtually predict system behavior before deriving requirements to specify with accuracy the solution, in a modeling and simulation approach.
- Analyze the system analysis for completeness, consistency, traceability and contradiction checking, thus preventing rework loops.
- Continuously manage uncertainties and make high level solution trade-offs for early accurate decision making.
Magic Real-Time Communication Designer
Model-Based System Engineering (MBSE) and SysML tools are becoming more sophisticated in order to support the increased complexity of embedded and distributed applications. These new systems are larger, contain autonomous components, operate from the edge to the cloud, and often have strict requirements in terms of performance, scalability, robustness and security.
Two standards – SysML and Data Distribution Service™ (DDS™) – address the necessary end-to-end design requirements for model-based design. SysML defines the requirements of the system itself. DDS addresses the communications requirements between system components running across different computers, including connectivity, security and quality of service (QoS).
Dassault Systemes has addressed the digital continuity and integration between the two worlds of MBSE to interface design with the new Magic Real-Time Communication Designer. This software plugin provides a direct integration to RTI Connext®, the leading commercial software based on the DDS standard, enabling engineers to create model-based systems based on real-time communication flow across embedded and distributed systems. Engineers can go directly from the system model in SysML to RTI Connext for implementation and deployment of a distributed system.
Benefits of this integration include:
- Increased productivity by modeling the DDS-related aspects of a system using SysML extended by a DDS-specific profile and generating the necessary DDS setup code in any of the supported Programming Languages.
- A graphical, unified representation of the overall system from requirements to functional applications, providing engineers with a common view of the system and a single source of (data) truth.
- Integration with RTI Connext to enable graphical design and configuration of all DDS aspects, including Domains, Types, Topics and QoS.
This integration has been specially validated with RTI Connect®, along our partnership with Real-Time Innovations Inc. (RTI).
Watch the webinar to see how to connect MBSE with Interface Design using open standards.
Magic Alf Analyst
Alf (the Action Language for Foundation UML) is a textual language for coding detailed, executable behavior within an overall UML model. Alf is a standard of the Object Management Group (OMG), which is also the organization that maintains the UML specification. Alf is one of a suite of OMG specifications related to defining precise execution semantics for UML, building on the original Foundational UML (fUML) specification.
- The Magic Alf Analyst allows you to use the Alf language within Magic Model Analyst.
- It provides both a syntax-aware editor for entering and updating Alf code, and a compiler for translating Alf code into fUML activity models.
- Behavioral specifications written using Alf code are fully executable in the context of class, activity and state machine models.
- The Alf Plugin supports the Alf language at the “Full Conformance” level, i.e. it provides a complete action language for representing behavior within a UML model created in the usual way in MagicDraw.
User Communities are your connection to people, content and apps. Join our user communities of Design, 3D Master, Composites, Systems Engineering and much more, to discuss your challenges and exchange with your peers.
CATIA User Groups and Forums are global source of third-party knowledge. They enable you to connect with your local community to get information, share resources, increase networking and be part of an extended team of CATIA experts.