One unique solution to engineer
Enhance Product Development by implementing APQP methodologies using 3DEXPERIENCE Platform
In the competitive world of business, quality has been and remains to be a necessity. Quality failures can quickly bring down a business reputation comprehensively.
Due to dynamic business environment, including volume growth and increasing quality expectations have made major players in the Automotive / Aerospace industries to rethink their strategies. These industries have decided to take the lessons learned from their experiences and adapt methodologies & technologies to address the issues.
Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) was developed in the automotive industry and serves as the roadmap and guideline in the developing new products with time-based milestones and decision points along the way. This methodology is now being used in other manufacturing sectors as well and has relevance to the successful planning, production, and release of just about any product.
APQP provides structure to the product development process in a manner that ensures customer satisfaction by planning and scheduling the tasks to be done, monitoring the timely and effective completion of tasks, and communicating, escalating, and resolving issues. In essence, APQP combines project management with the use of proactive product development tools applied at the right time.
With the demand for technology and system, comes the need for automation across all disciplines right from the change in design to the downstream department where these changes should be automatically notified and updated across all associated documents like Process design, PFMEA, DFMEA, and PPAP value chain.
Defining Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (FMEA)
Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (FMEA) helps business organizations to understand its processes in detail. It highlights the risks and develops the counter-measures. Furthermore, FMEA enables knowledge transfer and develops a multi-disciplined team in one step.
Many organizations use FMEA as a step-by-step approach to identifying all possible causes of failure. Organizations apply this methodology to a new design, a new or existing manufacturing process or a service. A “failure mode” is anything which might result in a defect, total rejection or a fault.
FMEA has become a critical tool among businesses that are increasingly intent upon bringing more precision to solving their risk management challenges. For instance, in manufacturing, it has resulted in higher product quality and reliability and continuous improvement in product and process design.
When working with FMEA, stakeholders can identify and analyze how parts might fail early in design process and develop plans to prevent those failures. Through systematically planning, stakeholders can fully prevent and mitigate risk thus enable continuously improve their product before there’re sent to manufactured.
Key Business Benefits
- By implementing APQP using 3DEXPERIENCE, the company mitigates the risks inherent in introducing or modifying a product.
- Digitize your processes, real-time traceability, and make improvements based on data.
- Eliminate most of the assumptions and risks inherent in the introduction of a new product or the modification of an existing one.
- Improved communication with cross-functional teams/stakeholders including suppliers.
- Improved decision making to work-in-progress tasks and related items such as parts across projects.
- Enhanced product quality and customer satisfaction by leveraging the power of APQP and FMEA as required utilizing the 3DEXPERIENCE apps.
- Increased knowledge re-use through reviews of previous deliverables such as Failure Modes and Effects Analyses (FMEA), DVP & PQCs, and Control Plans